We are looking for a UX/UI designer to help execute a user-friendly design for our products. You will be required to produce innovative solutions for our product designs making them practical yet straightforward to use. Your contribution will improve the efficiency of the product and help increase customer experience and satisfaction and profits of our company.
What to expect from the role
- Hands-on experience with creating user-friendly and straightforward ideas for products.
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time to complete tasks.
- Hands on experience with wireframes, storyboards, and sitemaps.
- Learn on the job regarding the best practices in user interface and designing.
- Exposure to the design industry and its various responsibilities.
- Use wireframes, storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps to illustrate and present design ideas.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to understand the product before presenting solutions to improve the visual and interactive experience.
- Gather user requirements from product managers to create compelling and original designs (images, wireframes, etc).
- Build and design a user interface using the agreed design systems in Figma/Adobe XD.
- Troubleshoot any UX problems.
- Present design concepts and ideas to colleagues, executive members, and clients.
- Ensure a standard is maintained when it comes to style, fonts, colors, and images.
- Conduct regular research on user experience.
- After collecting feedback ensure changes are made to correct any error.
- Stay up-to-date with all of the industry’s trends and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Computer Science, or any other related field.
- Prior experience with UX/UI design with a strong portfolio to show previous work.
- Excellent knowledge of wireframing tools (Figma, Adobe XD, etc.)
- Strong experience with creating wireframes, storyboards, user flow, process flow, and sitemaps.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good problem-solving ability with attention to detail.
- Well-read on the new technology and best practices in the market.
- Seeking a full-time opportunity and not distracted by freelance work/personal projects along with the job.
How do we work as a 100% remote team
- We believe in async communication. Fewer distractions, better focus.
- We don't do meetings without agendas. It saves time and gives us purpose.
- We respect writing and documenting. Easy to find, read, absorb and act.
- We love to ask and tell than assuming. It's good to be on the same page.
- We need an ownership mindset.